FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
Are my passwords stored in OneVault cloud servers?
All information, including user IDs and passwords, are stored on your device(s) and are not stored on OneVault cloud servers. In addition, your user IDs and passwords are stored in Apple's secure Keychain adding another level of security. Similar to Apple's apps (Email, Calendar, Contacts, etc.) OneVault does take advantage of Apple's secure iCloud and iCloud Keychain synchronization services to keep all of your devices in sync and your user ID and passwords secure, should you choose to enable the service.
Why are my user IDs and passwords not syncing with my other devices?
You may experience a situation where some of the information you enter is not synchronized with all of your devices. The most common reason is that account information is stored in two locations on your device. In order to provide an extra level of security, the user ID and password are stored in the Apple Keychain. The remaining information is still secure but is stored in a different device location. Syncing the user ID and password between devices requires that the iCloud Keychain be enabled on each device. Follow the steps below to enable the iCloud Keychain:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap the Apple ID banner..
- Tap iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap Keychain.
- Toggle the iCloud Keychain on.
- Enter your Apple ID password if prompted.
- Repeat the steps above on each of your devices.
Is any of my information shared with 3rd Party companies?
No. BDP Corporation strongly believes in user privacy. No information entered into OneVault is shared with BDP Corporation or any 3rd Party vendors. All information remains on your device(s) and in Apple's iCloud should you enable the iCloud sync option.
What does it mean when iCloud Sync or Autofill Passwords are disabled?
iCloud Sync and Autofill Passwords are Apple services. Neither Apple service is required to use OneVault. When iCloud Sync is disabled, passwords will not be synced with your other devices. When Autofill Passwords is disabled, automatically filling in passwords in your browser and other apps will need to be done manually.
How do I enable iCloud Sync and/or Autofill Passwords?
Tap the gear icon to the right of the word "Disabled". The description will be replaced with the instructions on how to use the Settings app to enable the corresponding Apple service.
When does the trial period end?
OneVault comes with a 30 day trial period from the time that the app is first run.
Is a subscription required to use the OneVault app?
Yes. After the trial period ends a 1 month or 1 year subscription is required to use the OneVault app.
How do I subscribe and what is the cost of each subscription?
Will my information be lost once either a trial or subscription expires?
No. All information will remain on your device(s) but you will not be able to add, view, or make any changes.
How do I add a password account?
There are two ways to add a password account. 1) Tap the account add button, located at the bottom right of the screen. Enter or edit the requested account information and when done, tap "Save", located at the top right of the screen. Tap the "Cancel" button, located at the top left of the screen to cancel the action, or 2) In the Folder view, tap the options (...) button, located at the right of the folder name, tap the "Add an account" button and follow the instructions in step 1.
How do I add a Folder?
Tap the folder add button, located at the bottom left of the Folder view screen. Type a new folder name and tap the "Save" button to save it for future use or the "Cancel" button to cancel the action. The list of existing folders will appear in the recommendation list to let you know what folders currently exist and are not included for selection. After you save the folder, the folder will appear with an empty dummy account called [New Account #]. Tap the dummy account name to enter your account information. Adding an existing folder name (regardless of the letter case) will have no effect. Note that the folder add button will not appear when in List view.
How do I move an account to another folder?
There are two ways to move an account to another folder. 1) Left swipe the account name and tap the "Edit" button. Change the folder name and tap the "Save" button, or 2) Press and hold the account name until it lifts from the screen. Continue pressing the account name and drag it to the destination folder. Once the account is dragged to the destination folder, release the account to drop it into the folder.
What are the three dots (...) located at the top right of each folder?
These are folder options that allow you to add an account to the folder, rename the folder and all of the associated accounts or delete the folder and all of the associated accounts or delete just the folder, keeping the associated accounts. Keeping the associated accounts will result in these accounts being moved to the folder named "[none]". Note that the delete options for the "[none]" folder are not available.
Does OneVault provide search or filter capabilities to easily find specific password account(s)?
OneVault includes mutiple search features:
- A search bar is included in both the Folder and List views. To start a search, tap on the search bar and enter your account name. To cancel a search, tap on the "Cancel" button. Enter the account name that you are searching for. As you type additional characters the search will narrow. An empty screen will appear if no matches are found. Note that when searching in the Folder view, the search is looking for account names and not folder names.
- While in the List view, an alphabetic index will appear on the right side of the screen. Tap a letter to automatically scroll to accounts that begin with the tapped letter.
- While in the Folder view, a filter button, located at the top left of the screen, is used to show the accounts contained in the selected folder name. The folder name can be entered in two ways: 1) Type the folder name, or 2) Start to type the folder name and a recommendation bar will appear with up to 3 folder names. As you continue to type, the folder names will narrow to the desired result. Once the folder name appears, tap the folder name. Once the folder name is fully entered, tap the "Filter" button at the top right of the screen to execute the filter. An empty screen will appear if no matches are found. To cancel the filter, just tap the filter icon at the top left of the screen and all of your folders will appear.
- While in Folder view, tap the folder expand/collapse icon, located left of the folder name, or tap the folder name and the folder will collapse or expand, changing with each tap.
How does OneVault identify the company icons and how can I change them?
OneVault uses Apple's icon services to identify a company's icon from the Apple App Store. If a company icon is not found OneVault will use its own app icon as the default. Understanding that the discovered icon may not be what you are looking for, OneVault provides the capability to change the company icon. You can change the company icon by tapping the icon at which time an Icon Library will appear, consisting of all previously discovered icons along with a library of pre-defined icons. The pre-defined portion of the icon library will continue to evolve in future OneVault releases.
How do I reset the company icon after changing it?
The company icon will be reset each time the account information is edited and saved.
Will OneVault work on the Apple Watch?
Yes. OneVault requires that it be installed on your companion iPhone.
How is the password information synced between the Apple Watch and the iPhone?
OneVault takes advantage of Apple's device session communications services with encryption to protect the sensitive information when being transferred between the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Can I use OneVault to generate passwords?
Yes. OneVault contains a password generator that will create an 18 character password consisting of upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers separated by hyphens (-) (ie., ibOupf-Ps2UQ7-jS81si).